ZAA is accepting submission of abstracts for presentations to the plenary sessions of the 2022 Conference, which will run 8-11 August, hosted by Melbourne Zoo.
The Conference will provide an in-person and virtual platform for speakers to share their experiences and knowledge in the area of “inspiring sustainability action”. This conference aims to explore how zoo and aquarium work connects into the United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We’re looking for speakers with engaging content that touches on one or several of the SDGs and can make this relevant to our zoo and aquarium audience. This may be via a connection to conservation, animal welfare, education, environmental impacts, partnerships and collaboration, business continuity and growth, inclusion and diversity, community engagement and more.
Here's a guide with some thought-starters for presentation topics related to the SDGs.
Submission process & important details
- Abstract submissions are now open.
- Please submit your abstract (.docx and .doc) by 14 April 2022 to [email protected]
- All submitted forms will be considered by the Conference Organisers and assessed according to the selection criteria.
- The presentation must relate directly to conference objectives and relate to one or several Sustainable Development Goals
- We may negotiate with you to adapt the original format of your presentation.
- Presentations will be 10 minutes in length and can be in-person or virtual if the presenter cannot attend in-person.
- Presenters will need to meet their own conference registration fees and travel costs.
- Abstracts must be prepared using the conference template (minimum 250 words - maximum 400 words). Please check spelling and grammar carefully. Accepted abstracts will be published as submitted.
- Please include brief bio with the abstract
Download Conference Abstract Template
Receipt of abstract submissions will be acknowledged by email. Proposers will be notified of acceptance by 11 May 2022.
Closing date COB 14 April 2022.