Supervisor Zoo Keeper / Education Coordinator – Bungalow Bay Koala Village, Magnetic Island
– Start date mid January 2020
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced keeper to help lead our team within the Koala Park located at Bungalow Bay Koala Village, Magnetic Island. The position is to coordinate with the park manager on the daily running of the park showcasing 3 x 2 hour daily tours, Breakfast with the Koala’s and educational experiences visiting international universities.
The position will responsible for coordinating the management of our team of 3 full time rangers and volunteers on a 7 day roster, the successful candidate will be working side by side with the team and “is not” office bound. Bungalow Bay’s collection is of Australian Native Animals and experience with Koalas is advantageous.
Bungalow Bay welcomes many Faculty led Study Abroad Programs from the USA, their educational experience is spread over an average of four days with learnings in koala populations studies, endangered beach scrub projects and reef restoration projects on the fringing reefs within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. The successful candidate will manage the day to day activities and assist in facilitating these projects with world class experts.
The successful candidate will naturally be a people person showcasing a willingness to always improve customer service skills and posses a minimum of 3 years of experience in the zoo industry. A full-time position of 42 hours per week is offered to the Supervisor Keeper / Education Coordinator.
Bungalow Bay Koala Village is an accredited member of Zoo and Aquarium Association and Advanced Eco Tourism status. A small and progressive family owned park that can make decisions with management in a short window allowing progressive changes quickly.
- Management of staff. Wildlife presentations and visitor services
- Animal husbandry, management and welfare
- Communication, teamwork and time management
- Adherence and management complying with Policy and Procedures
- Management of Education Program to Visiting International Universities
Please email the following documentation for application to the position of “Supervisor Keeper / Education Coordinator ”
- Current Resume with up to date Referees
- Microsoft word document outlining your suitability to the above criteria in Primary Responsibilities
- Outline your suitability to living in a small community such as Magnetic Island
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 22nd November 2019