Established in 1945, the award winning Cleland Wildlife Park is one of South Australia’s must see natural attractions. Located in the beautiful bushland setting of the Adelaide Hills, Cleland offers visitors memorable opportunities to discover Australia’s unique wildlife. Cleland now seeks a commercially minded General Manager to drive tourism for this iconic South Australian location.
Reporting to the Director, Tourism and Economic Development, this operational leadership role will be responsible for:
- leading, motivating, engaging, empowering and developing the dedicated staff and volunteers to deliver high quality outcomes;
- effectively managing the diverse operations, resources and projects in line with best practice standards;
- driving continuous improvement and quality to ensure outstanding guest experiences;
- implementing and delivering the strategic plan to ensure financial success;
- recognising and managing key stakeholder relations;
- driving a positive workplace culture.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified professionals with demonstrated experience in managing a commercial/tourism venue operation. High levels of commercial acumen and customer focus, strong communication, negotiation, stakeholder management and leadership capacity are all essential qualities sought. Experience or knowledge of navigating government policies, processes and initiatives will also be a desirable skill. The successful candidate will demonstrate warmth, energy, good humour, authenticity and the credibility necessary to engage with and inspire others. Knowledge or understanding of conservation management principles will be well regarded but are not essential.
This is a rare opportunity to lead one of South Australia’s tourism treasures and ensure the Cleland legacy lives on for future generations.
Please visit henderconsulting.com.au to apply and for a role description. For further information on our client, please visit clelandwildlifepark.sa.gov.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Hannah Way on (08) 8100 8849.