Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (CWS) is located on the Southern end of Gold Coast. We are the largest attraction within the National Trust of Australia (Queensland) portfolio and feature a vibrant and varied collection of Australian Wildlife and Non-Native Exotics located one block back from beautiful Currumbin beach. The Sanctuary is also home to the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital, one of the busiest wildlife hospitals in the world, now treating over 15,000 animals every year.
Here at NTAQ, our workplace values are to be Welcoming, Efficient, Safe and Fun, so if this is how you like to work, please read on.
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is currently seeking an experienced Wildlife Supervisor – Reptiles to join our Wildlife team; to achieve high levels of animal husbandry and animal health whilst continually working to improve the quality of our animal exhibits.
Details about this Position:
This role will require a high level of knowledge and extensive experience working with crocodiles, elapids and other reptiles. We are seeking a professional applicant who is energetic and enthusiastic, has a high level of communication skills and previous experience in effectively supervising a work team of paid staff and volunteers.
- This role will involve duties such as, but not limited to; animal husbandry, animal health, exhibit maintenance, plus implementing animal training and conditioning techniques
- This role requires the ability to successfully supervise current staff & lead a team.
- This role may involve representing the organisation at external conferences and workshops & special events.
- This role is a salaried full-time position working 40 hours per week.
- This is an outdoor role in a non-smoking environment.
- Non-smokers are preferred.
- You will need to be double vaccinated for COVID-19 by 17th December 2021 to meet Qld Government Public Health Order Directive.
Essential qualifications: Cert 3 in Captive Animal Management.
Genuine 5+ years’ experience in the zoo industry.
Demonstrated experience delivering safe, entertaining, public presentations.
Desirable qualifications: Specialisation in zoological studies, management studies, degree level studies in a related field.
Demonstrated experience working with crocodiles, elapids and other reptiles, in a captive environment.
Familiarity and ability to use ZIMS.
Demonstrated skills in animal training and conditioning techniques.
Ability to effectively supervise a work team of paid staff and volunteers.
Appropriate fitness to walk long distances, stand for long periods and ability to carry / support up to 10kg for a prolonged period.
Manual Driver’s licence (& current First Aid qualifications would be an advantage).
Must be flexible and reliable with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude in our team environment.
High standard of personal presentation is essential.
How to Apply
Your application should include your resume plus a brief cover letter stating how you meet the Selection Criteria. Please click on this link to be directed to our employment website: https://bit.ly/3yqrpBe