Applications open: May 2022
Voted one of the Gold Coast’s most popular tourist destinations, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is the crown jewel of the National Trust of Australia (Queensland) [NTAQ] properties. We are seeking an experienced Wildlife Officer to join our Wildlife team to achieve high levels of animal husbandry and animal health in one of our conservation programs. You will have meticulous bird husbandry skills, keen observation skills, good time management, accurate record keeping and able to work independently in a semi-remote setting. This role will involve working on one of our threatened species programs.
This role will require previous experience working with passerines and will involve duties such as, but not limited to; animal husbandry, animal health, record keeping and enclosure maintenance. We are seeking professional applicants who are energetic, enthusiastic and have a high level of communication skills. Your place of work will be at Garima Conservation Reserve, which is a property in the beautiful Currumbin Valley, 30 minutes from Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. As part of this role, you will also be required to assist in carrying out other duties as directed by the Caretaker of the property that will broadly involve general property care and maintenance. You will need a can-do attitude and the ability to follow instruction.
• This role is a full-time role working 38 hours per week.
• Rostered working day will be Tuesday – Saturday. May be subject to change based on the business needs.
• Conditions and pay will be under the Amusement, Events & Recreation Award 2020 and subject to experience and qualifications.
• This is an outdoor role in a non-smoking environment. Contractor and volunteer interaction will be a part of this role.
1. Essential qualifications: Cert 3 in Captive Animal Management.
2. Demonstrated experience working with birds in a captive environment.
3. Ability to work independently and provide accurate daily updates and reports as required.
4. Familiarity and ability to use ZIMS.
5. Appropriate fitness to walk long distances, stand for long periods and ability to carry / support up to 10kg for a prolonged period.
6. Manual Driver’s licence & current First Aid qualifications are required.
7. Must be flexible and reliable with a positive attitude.
8. High standard of personal presentation is essential.
How to Apply
Your application should include your resume plus a brief cover letter stating how you meet the Selection Criteria.
CLICK TO APPLY