DEPARTMENT: GUEST SERVICES
REPORTS TO: MANAGER OF LIFE SCIENCES (MLS)
The role of the Guest Services Officer is to effectively and efficiently work within the Marine Division and assist in the delivery of excellent service to Pet Porpoise Pool Pty Ltd trading as Dolphin Marine Conservation Park’s (DMCP) guests. The GSO will help to ensure those guests receive the best possible experience and leave with excellent visual reminders of the products and services provided by DMCP. The GSO will have demonstrated interest in marine mammals, conservation; good oral and written communication skills and the ability to confidently interact with visitors. The GSO will also need to be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
The Guest Services Officer at this grade will possess:
Excellent communication, customer relations and interpersonal skills demonstrating open, honest communication which is transparent and in the interests of the business
- Perform commentary presentations with and without animals
- Education programs with children from year groups kindy to year 12
- Have a good understanding of photography skills.
- Ability to adapt and master new techniques and procedures within a reasonable time span
- A strong work ethic and willingness to work as part of the DMCP team
- An understanding of all services and products offered by the DMCP
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people including people of different religions, nationality, people with disabilities, school children etc
- Ability to maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Hold (or ability to acquire) a current class C NSW Drivers Licence
- Current (or ability to acquire) Working With Children Check
- Tetanus vaccinations up-to-date
This job description provides a description of the principle elements of this position. All job descriptions are subject to change.
Email Tiga Cross [email protected]