DEPARTMENT: Life Science
REPORTS TO: Life Sciences Manager
The role of the Assistant Manager of Life Science Operations is to assist the Life Sciences Manager (LSM) in ensuring the strategic and day to day operations of the Pet Porpoise Pool Pty Ltd trading as Dolphin Marine Conservation Park (DMCP) Marine Mammal Operations (MMO) division are performing effectively and efficiently. The position is to have demonstrated animal keeping and training skills, good oral and written communication skills and the ability to supervise, mentor and coach employees to a high level of motivation and performance.
The Marine Mammal Trainer at this grade will possess:
- Possess a working knowledge of the biology and behaviour of pinnipeds and cetaceans and a keen interest in their conservation needs.
- A minimum 5 years full time experience in operant conditioning training techniques with marine mammals
- Excellent communication, customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt and master new techniques and procedures within a reasonable time span.
- A strong work ethic
- Reliability and Punctuality
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people including people of different religions, nationality, people with disabilities, school children etc.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- A passion for the conservation of the world’s marine environment
- A good level of fitness including ability to lift and carry up to 20kg and ability to bend and squat
- Ability to pass Dolphin Marine Conservation Park swim test: (Swim 15m underwater in single breath, retrieve object from the bottom of 3.5m pool, swim 50m and tread water for 5 minutes with hands out of water)
- Ability to work weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Hold (or ability to acquire) a current class C NSW Drivers Licence
- Current (or ability to acquire) Working With Children Check
- Tetanus vaccinations up-to-date
This job description provides a description of the principle elements of this position. All job descriptions are subject to change.
Email Tiga Cross [email protected]