- Qualified Veterinarian role with diverse Zoological Animal Collection
- Unique and challenging work environment with a commitment to Work-Life Balance
- Lead, Motivate, and Manage clinical best practice in a Premier theme park environment
Home to numerous endangered species, some of the biggest and best thrill rides on the planet, our worlds present a unique and diverse opportunity to welcome a qualified and experienced Veterinarian to provide effective leadership, management, and support for our Life Sciences team in the next exciting phase of our journey.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide the assessment, treatment, and care for an extensive collection of native and exotic species. The role will also implement strategies to ensure continuous improvement across all husbandry, medical and surgical areas across the animal collection. Additional key responsibilities include compliance with all relevant legislation, treatment, and care ofexternal wildlife accessions, and collaborative work with scientific research projects, universities and government and non-government agencies.
As an experienced Veterinary Surgeon, you understand the requirements of emergency, critical and maintenance care. A demonstrated interest in wildlife medicine and sound understanding of current conservation and animal welfare principles is essential. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Current Veterinary Surgeon - Queensland registration, Manual ‘C’ driver’s license, a Radiation source for veterinary purposes Queensland license and vaccinated for Lyssavirus, Q Fever and Tetanus
- Extensive experience as a veterinarian, preferably with non-domestic species (specifically Koalas), with highly developed diagnostic, clinical pathology, surgical, and microscopy experience.
- Prescribe and administer drugs as required, prepare schedule for nursing team during absences
- Self-motivation, with the ability to prioritise effectively and work successfully under competing deadlines and multiple objectives whilst working autonomously or part of a cohesive team
- Proven excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to react swiftly and appropriately during complex situations, whilst remaining calm and composed
- Develop and implement veterinary industry approved diet plans, animal welfare and behavioural enrichment initiatives, including use, implications and adjust or modify as required
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office and maintaining computerised clinical records, and experience with animal record keeping systems
- Available to provide services and be on-call at mutually agreed times
This role will be offered on a part time basis working approximately three days per week. Flexibility with days will be discussed with the successful candidate.
If you enjoy variety and the dynamics of an empathetic and active team environment and would take pride in making a positive contribution to maintaining the world class standard of Australia’s biggest theme park, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. APPLY NOW ONLINE at https://bit.ly/3aX3Icj
Applications Close: 20.08.2022