The National Zoo and Aquarium is a privately owned, family run business that has a passion for what we do and how we do it. We aim to deliver a quality experience to our animals, other team members and of course our visitors.
The Wildlife Team is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Zookeeper to join their team. Extensive experience with animal husbandry within a recognised zoological institutions is essential.
Candidates for this position must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, be motivated to achieve institutional and team objectives and will be involved in the daily operations of the Wildlife Department.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience working with exotic species.
- A positive ‘can do’ team orientated attitude.
- Impeccable husbandry standards and safety record.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage appropriately with the zoo owner, managers, veterinarians and all other work colleagues.
- A work health and safety focus for yourself, the team and the public at all times.
- A current Driver’s Licence
Other desirable skills/achievements include:
- Good record keeping skills
- Completion of Cert 3 Captive in Animals
- A passion for wildlife conservation
This is a full-time position that will involve some (or possibly every) weekend work and requires someone with extensive hands -on keeping experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to;
by COB Friday 20th of September 2018
Please include a minimum of 3 relevant referees.