Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park is seeking to appoint an experienced Lead Keeper to join our Animal Care department. The successful candidate will oversee the Mammal department working closely with the Mammal Curator. Duties will include general husbandry, ensuring work schedules for mammal department are being carried out, assisting with medication administration, developing training plans for animals, training of Keepers, exhibit design, and any other duties as directed by your curator. The lead role will include the management of a team of keepers as well as mentoring students and volunteers.
Position Type: Full time 38 hours
Key essential criteria:
- Attained a Certificate III or IV in Captive Animals, or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a Leadership role;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the captive animal industry;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the husbandry, care and exhibit design for a range of mammal species;
- Demonstrate staff and team management skills;
- Knowledge of Australian fauna and captive management demonstrated;
- Must be willing to work weekends, weekdays and public holidays;
- Flexibility required to work outside normal hours when required;
- Must be able to stand / walk for long periods, able to lift up to 15kg and carry out duties in adverse weather conditions;
- Hold a current Drivers Licence.
- First Aid certificate;
- Previous experience hand-rearing mammals;
- Previous experience training and conditioning animals;
- Positive, flexible attitude for day-to-day duties
Featherdale is an equal opportunity employer and although consideration will be given to all applications, only those meeting the key essential criteria will be contacted.
For more information about Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park visit www.Featherdale.com.au
If your skills and experience meet the listed criteria, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and application letter to [email protected] by close of business on 27 January 2023.