Position Description: Permanent Full-time Mammal Keeper
Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park located in Doonside has positions available for an experienced Mammal Keeper to join our Animal Care department. Featherdale has gained institutional recognition for one of the largest collections of native animals, with a focus on breeding, display and exhibitory.
Reporting to the Lead Keeper and Curator, the successful candidate will have experience in native captive animal husbandry. The successful candidate will maintain this collection, adhering to high levels of husbandry, focusing on the specialised species in their care.
Position Type: Full time 38 hours OR Casual
Key essential criteria:
- Attained or studying towards Certificate III in Captive Animals or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 year experience in a zoological institution;
- Knowledge of Australian fauna and captive management demonstrated;
- Must be willing to work weekends, weekdays and public holidays;
- Flexibility required to work outside normal hours when required;
- Must be able to stand / walk for long periods, perform repetitive tasks, able to lift up to 15kg and carry out duties in adverse weather conditions;
- Energetic and polished presenting skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Positive, flexible attitude for day-to-day duties.
- Experience working with native mammals,
- Experience with Koala husbandry and handling,
- Experience in record keeping,
- Current Drivers Licence,
- First Aid certificate.
Featherdale is an equal opportunity employer and consideration will be given to all applicants however due to a high number of submittals, only those progressing to an interview stage will be contacted.
For more information about Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park visit www.Featherdale.com.au
If your skills and experience meet the listed criteria, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and application letter to [email protected] by close of business on 2 August 2023.