POSITION DESCRIPTION: PERMANENT FULL-TIME REPTILE KEEPER
Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park is seeking to appoint an experienced Reptile Keeper to join our Animal Care department. The successful candidate will work in the Reptile department, working closely with the Lead Reptile Keeper. Duties will include general husbandry, assisting with medication administration, assisting with captive breeding, interactive presentations, overseeing volunteer student training, exhibit design, and any other duties as directed by your supervisor(s).
Position Type: Full time 38 hours
Key essential criteria:
- Attained or working towards a Certificate III or IV in Captive Animals, or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in the captive animal industry;
- Knowledge and experience of the husbandry, care and exhibit design for a range of Reptile species;
- Exceptional presentation skills;
- Must be willing to work weekends, weekdays and public holidays;
- Flexibility required to work outside normal hours when required;
- Must be able to stand /walk for long periods, able to lift up to 15kg and carry out duties in adverse weather conditions;
- Positive, flexible attitude for day-to-day duties.
- Experience in capture, handling & restraint across all reptile taxa, including venomous species
- Understanding and awareness of working with large crocodilian species
- First Aid certificate
- Hold a current Drivers Licence
Featherdale is an equal opportunity employer and although consideration will be given to all applications, only those meeting the key essential criteria will be contacted.
For more information about Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park visit www.featherdale.com.au
If your skills and experience meet the essential and desirable criteria, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and application letter to [email protected]
by close of business on 16 March 2023