Position Description: Permanent Full-time Bird Keeper
Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park located in Doonside is seeking to appoint an experienced Bird Keeper to join our Animal Care department.
Reporting to the Lead Bird Keeper and Curator of Birds, the successful candidate will have experience in avian husbandry across an array of taxa. Featherdale has gained institutional recognition for one of the largest collections of native birds, with a focus on breeding, display and exhibitory. The successful candidate will maintain this collection, adhering to high levels of avian husbandry focusing on the specialised species in their care.
Position Type: Full time 38 hours
Key essential criteria:
- Attained or studying towards Certificate III in Captive Animals or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a zoological institution, advanced avicultural experience also considered.
- Knowledge of Australian avifauna and captive management demonstrated.
- Must be willing to work weekends, weekdays and public holidays;
- Flexibility required to work outside normal hours when required;
- Must be able to stand / walk for long periods, able to lift up to 15kg and carry out duties in adverse weather conditions;
- Energetic and polished presenting skills;
- Recognition or active contribution in relevant areas of interest, writing, society/group member, experience in the field,
- Experience in record keeping,
- Current Drivers Licence,
- First Aid certificate; and
- Positive, flexible attitude for day-to-day duties
Featherdale is an equal opportunity employer and consideration will be given to all applicants however due to a high number of submittals, only those progressing to an interview stage will be contacted.
For more information about Featherdale Wildlife Park visit www.Featherdale.com.au
If your skills and experience meet the essential and desirable criteria, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and application letter to [email protected]