- Australian native animal experienced professional, specifically Koalas and reptiles
- Combine your profession with a tropical island lifestyle on Hamilton Island
- Full time permanent role, subsidised accommodation on island
Hamilton Island, one of the most unique and beautiful destinations in the world, is looking for an experienced Wildlife Park Animal Collection Curator/Head Keeper delivering the highest quality of animal husbandry, care and welfare to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- Full time permanent position on beautiful Hamilton Island
- Subsidised, furnished staff accommodation on island
- Staff perks - discounts on restaurants and activities including $15 pw gym membership
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
- Maintain legislative requirements, permits as well as ZAA compliance and liaison
- Assisting with innovative exhibit development to enhance overall guest experience at the Wildlife Park
- Responsible for delivering best practice animal husbandry and welfare
- Conducting public presentations and interactive opportunities for our guests
- Engaging the public through interactive opportunities and educating guests on native Australian Fauna to enhance their overall experience
- Ensure the safety of animals, guests and staff at all times
- Coach and assist fellow members of the team on animal care and procedures as per the industry standards
You are a passionate, energetic, professional with proven experience for the job. A motivating leader to our team of wildlife keepers with high level customer service and most importantly, have the right attitude and self-motivation that will result in a positive experience every time for our customers.
You will also have:
- Manual QLD Driver’s License
- Must hold or able to obtain a Q-Fever vaccination
- Must hold or able to obtain tetanus vaccination
- Ability to satisfy the requirements of a QLD Working with Children Check
- Must hold or be able to obtain First Aid
- Tertiary qualifications in animal husbandry/zoology or have relevant experience or qualifications in captive animal management with a strong background in
- Australian Mammals
- High level of planning and organisation skills required to meet the daily challenge of a business within the Hamilton Island brand.
- Exceptional interpersonal and team building skills
- Minimum 5 years at senior level within the Wildlife industry
Part of the Whitsundays and in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Hamilton Island is one of Australia’s most spectacular and sought-after holiday destinations. Surrounded by pristine white beaches, and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life, the island boasts 4 resort options including award winning luxury qualia resort, over 20 different restaurants and dining options, a championship golf course, marina and yacht club.
Imagine spending your days cruising the beautiful Whitsunday Islands' waterways keeping your eyes peeled, you may spot humpback whales, turtles or dolphins on your way.
Click APPLY or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HIERecruitment
Follow us on Linkedin www.linkedin.com/company/hamilton-island