- Working weekday and weekends
Based at Healesville Sanctuary
Zoos Victoria operates three world-class zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Zoos Victoria is committed to fighting extinction, working locally and globally to deliver tangible conservation outcomes. Our vision is to be the world's leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
Healesville Sanctuary has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, confident and enthusiastic Keeper to join the Wild Encounters team. Reporting to the Life Science Manager, the preferred candidate will have previous experience working with Australian animals in a zoo environment along with knowledge of Zoo Victoria's philosophy, conservation and education. The Keeper will have experience working in a fast paced team environment as well as confidence in working independently. A positive mature attitude and enthusiasm to learn and develop your career and capacity to continually progress the Sanctuary is essential.
The candidate will have:
- Experience in animal conditioning, training and husbandry
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understanding of Zoo Victoria's vision and values
- A strong focus on safety
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in liaising with the public and delivering public talks
- A current Employee status Working with Children Check card for external applicants
- Certificate III in Captive Animals highlight desirable
Preferred experience will include:
- A strong background in Australian animals will be highly regarded.
- For additional information please refer to the attached position description.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and a resume via Zoos Victoria recruitment system https://www.zoo.org.au/about-us/careers/
For more information on this role, please contact Bronwyn Macreadie on 03 5957 2853.
Applications will close COB 3rd October 2019
Location Healesville Sanctuary
Work Type Ongoing Full Time
Position Description PD Keeper Band P and T.pdf
Contact Name Bronwyn Macreadie
Contact Phone 03 5957 2853
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close On 03/10/2019 at 5:00 PM