• Based at Healesville Sanctuary
• Full-time (Sunday to Thursday), ongoing role
• Band C - $70,324 gross per annum
Zoos Victoria operates three landmark zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate, energetic and driven employees committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from the extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become a world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
The Coordinator, Birds will work closely with the Life Science Manager to coordinate and progress the conservation actions detailed in the ZV Wildlife Masterplan (2019-2024) with the goal of contributing to endangered bird recovery. The Coordinator, Birds will help develop and maintain husbandry standards, and will assist with shaping the team culture, support the implementation of standard work, and carry out keeping duties.
• Cert III in Captive Animals or equivalent
• Demonstrated commitment to participating in developing and implementing animal conservation, enrichment, training/conditioning and visitor interaction programs.
• Experience in bird husbandry across a range of taxa with a proven working knowledge of bio secure hygiene management systems
• Experience in breeding and raising captive birds while maintaining positive animal welfare states
• Proven ability to develop and implement goals and projects that define key expectations for staff according to timelines
• Take accountability for implementing husbandry techniques that may be unproven, with a strong ability to be flexible in order to meet changing project requirements and new knowledge.
For more information and to apply please refer to the position description via our website https://www.zoo.org.au/about-us/careers
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Tanya Paul, Life Science Manager via e-mail at email@example.com
Applications close 5pm 18th May 2021.