- Join Zoo's Victoria's newest Northern Victoria
- 2 x fixed term part time (21 hours each) positions to 30 June 2024
- Skilled focus on two of Australia's most iconic native species
Zoos Victoria operates four landmark zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo and Kyabram Fauna Park. Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate, energetic and driven employees committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from the extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become a world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
Kyabram Fauna Park has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, confident and enthusiastic Wildlife Keeper. This role will be responsible for and measured against success on progress across three keys areas:
- Team Focus: Supporting our strong team culture
- Animal Care: Delivering a high standard of health and welfare to the Park's macropod collection and Southern Koala's
- Visitor Focus: Taking Park visitors on our Native Wildlife Tour, sharing extensive knowledge across three taxa.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and proficiency in macropod and koala husbandry and delivering high exhibit standards.
- Husbandry experience across a range of taxa.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organisation skills
- Sound knowledge of animal welfare principles, including animal training and enrichment programs.
- Experience delivering visitor experience programs
Successful applicant must have a Covid-19 certificate and Working with Children check.
Please submit a maximum two page cover letter, and resume by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Ellice Duncan, Life Sciences Coordinator at [email protected]
Applications close Sunday 5th March 2023 at 5:00pm.
At Zoos Victoria we value diversity, celebrate difference and work to be inclusive in everything we do. Zoos Victoria welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disabilities and people from the LGBTIQA+ community. In addition, Zoos Victoria will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability, illness or injury. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process please advise via [email protected] or visit
Job Category: Mammals Keeper
Work Type: Fixed Term Part Time
Application Close Date: 17/02/2023 17:00:00