Exciting new role at Melbourne Zoo working with Life Sciences
Ongoing Full time
Salary from $86,844 p.a + 9.5% superannuation
Zoos Victoria operates three world-class zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Zoos Victoria is committed to fighting extinction, working locally and globally to deliver tangible conservation outcomes. Our vision is to be the world's leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
The Animal Care & Conservation project officer supports the functions of the Melbourne Zoo Life Science team. The core purpose of the role is to deliver high-level systems project and administration support to the Senior Manager Animal Care and Conservation and Life Science managers for the efficient and effective operation of the zoo. The position will play an important part in preparation and dissemination of communications, reports and publications internally and externally. Duties are wide ranging including diary management, correspondence and animal records (records management, meeting preparation and support, stakeholder liaison and hospitality, travel arrangements).
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven ability to ensure a high level of accuracy in information management and communications
- Proven experience in logistical management of complex projects
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in document & presentation format and design; records and database management
- Proven high level of organisational skills, excellent time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience in budget development, management and reporting
- Significant experience in the advance features of Microsoft Windows base applications including the creative, accurate use of and application of work processing, spreadsheets, presentations and email systems
- Detailed knowledge of animal welfare practices and Species Selection Tools
- Sound understanding of the role of zoos in conservation, and knowledge of current practices in animal husbandry, collections management, zoo exhibitory and re-introduction programs.
- Demonstrated skills in Animal Husbandry/welfare small project facilitation
- Knowledge of legislative requirements relevant to captive animal management
Please refer to the attached position description. For further information on this role, please contact Justine Felix Animal Care and Conservation Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday 9th October 2019 at 12:00 PM.
To apply, please submit a resume and a maximum 2-page cover letter via Zoos Victoria recruitment system by clicking on "Apply for this job" or visiting https://www.zoo.org.au/about-us/careers/
Successful applicant must attain an Employee status Working with Children Check card.
Location Melbourne Zoo
Category Project Officer
Work Type Ongoing Full Time
Position Description Animal Care and Conservation Project Officer PD.pdf