- Open to Trade Keepers
- Fixed term part-time working on average 36 hours per week on a 4 week rotating roster
- Roster includes working 3 weekend days every 4 weeks
- Salary from $37.6885 per hour including weekend loading + 10.5% superannuation
- Contract up to 30th June 2023
Zoos Victoria operates three landmark zoos. Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate, energetic and driven employees committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from the extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become the world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
We are seeking experienced Post Trade Keepers to join the Primates team. These positions will continue the development and evolution of Zoos Victoria's primate management with the target of providing best practice animal care in a holistic environment.
Reporting to the Life Sciences Manager of Primates, the incumbent will be a zoo professional with exceptional animal husbandry skills. They will have a high level of animal training experience and experience in working with breeding groups of primates. The primates team is a faced paced team environment with a strong focus on safety, culture and values - candidates must have strong teamwork skills, be open to change and possess a mature, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
The candidate must possess:
- Qualifications in a zoological related discipline
- Substantial primate experience with a minimum of 5 years professional experience working in a zoo environment
- Demonstrated experience in planning for and in running procedures and introductions
- Demonstrated ability of advanced animal training skills
- Demonstrated ability to enhance a positive work culture with a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Open-mindedness and a willingness to accept new ideas and perspectives
- A strong focus on safety and identifying hazards in the workplace
- Be a highly motivated, focused and cooperative team member with excellent listening and communication skills
- Possess a high level of interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, essential for working in a close team environment.
- Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status
- Employee status Victoria Working with Children Check Card.
As part of the Melbourne Zoo Animal Husbandry Team, you will be required to work a roster across a 7-day week, including weekends and public holidays if required. Be capable of completing highly physical work on a daily basis and hold a valid Australian driver's license.
For more information on this role, please see the attached position descriptopn. To apply for the role, visit zoo.org.au/staff
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Life Science Manager the Primates precinct, Mark Ryan by email [email protected]
Applications close COB 26th September 2022.
Zoos Victoria welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, Zoos Victoria will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability, illness or injury. If you require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via [email protected] and indicate your preferred method of communication (i.e. email, phone, text, National Relay Service) so we can meet your accessibility needs.
Open to Trade Keepers
Fixed term part-time working on average 36 hours per week on a 4 week rotating roster
Roster includes working 3 weekend days every 4 weeks
Salary from $37.6885 per hour including weekend loading + 10.5% superannuation
Contract up to 30th June 2023