Life Sciences Manager Wild Sea - Melbourne Zoo
- Ongoing Full time position
- Ability to use your exceptional leadership and innovation skills
- Opportunity to strategically have input into the Life Sciences team
Zoos Victoria operates three landmark zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Victoria's zoos are made up of passionate, energetic and driven employees committed to fighting wildlife extinction. Every person, from the extensive range of disciplines, plays an important role in helping the organisation realise its vision to become the world leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Life Sciences Manager (the LSM) position for the Wild Sea Precinct within the Life Sciences team at Melbourne Zoo.
The LSM leads and manages the staff and animals of the Wild Sea precinct including (seals, penguins, hippo and otters) as well as the system process and operation plan for the team.
If you are interested in working in a dynamic and forward thinking team looking after the operations of the Life Sciences Department while having direct accountability for a precinct, this could be the opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a high level of management and leadership experience
- Have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing animal training/conditioning programs using positive reinforcement based operant conditioning across a wide variety of taxa
- Have a commitment to continuous improvement via standard work
- Be a positive change agent with the ability to develop and implement innovation programs and services
- Develop and maintain encouraging and participative staff relationships to drive a positive collaborative culture
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Support the development of their team to ensure our vision to be the world's leading zoo-based conservation organisation is realised
The ideal candidate will work with other Life Sciences Managers and the Senior Manager of Animal Care and Conservation at Melbourne Zoo to train and inspire staff to embrace new approaches and deliver the objectives of the Life Sciences department across Zoos Victoria.
For more information on this role, please refer to the position description available on our current vacancies webpage at www.zoo.org.au/hr
To Apply: Please apply via Zoos Victoria recruitment system by clicking on the 'Apply' link for the relevant vacancy. Please submit a maximum one page cover letter, and resume.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Justine Felix Senior Manager Animal Care and Conservation firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicant must attain an Employee status working with children check card.
Applications close Thursday 14th November 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Location Melbourne Zoo
Work Type Ongoing Full Time
Salary From $95,966 To $95,966 (Annual Package)
Contact Name Justine Felix
Contact Phone 9285 9328
Contact Email email@example.com
Position description Life Sciences Manager - Sea Life