Do you want to work with some of Australia’s most iconic animals in one of the world’s greatest visitor attractions? Are you passionate about conservation and creating incredible guest experiences?
If the thought of delivering magic to over a million guests every year makes you smile, then we have an amazing opportunity for you to join our team, working across WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium as an Casual Keeper (Australian Fauna and Aquatics).
About the Role
Our keepers connect guests with sea life through creating and maintaining engaging world-class displays, delivering memorable guest experiences and ensuring best-practice animal welfare.
- Experience in a animal care role in a zoo or aquarium setting.
- Tertiary qualifications in animal care and/or biology.
- Be guest obsessed demonstrating a passion for guest experience, education and connecting people with wildlife, sustainability and conservation.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, cope with frequent and unpredictable changes to daily routine and workloads, and to work, at times under high pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work unsupervised, assess tasks and set priorities for self.
- Current (or willingness to obtain at own expense) NSW Working with Children Check.
- Full NSW Driver’s License.
- Current First Aid / CPR / Oxygen Administration.
- Boat Handling experience (Coxswains unrestricted or restricted).
- SCUBA Diver – Rescue or willingness to obtain at own expense.
- ADAS Occupation SCUBA Part 1 or Aquarium Diver.
- Experience in the training of animals in a zoo setting as either primary of secondary trainer using positive-reinforcement techniques.
APPLY HERE: Please submit a maximum ONE-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a maximum TWO-page resume. You must be available to interview w/c 27/06/22.
The salary for this role is competitive, and other benefits include:
- Corporate benefits including free access to all our attractions worldwide.
- Domestic and global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career in tourism and attraction.
- Being part of a business built on fun.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.