Mogo Zoo has new owners! The Featherdale Management Team now has the amazing opportunity of building upon Sally Padey’s vision at Mogo Zoo. The Zoo has a large and diverse animal collection including big cats, gorilla, giraffe, zebra and white rhinos through to otters, binturong, red pandas, meerkats and a very large range of primate species. Mogo Zoo is situated on the beautiful South Coast of New South Wales and is close to beaches, small towns and national parks, which enables a relaxed country lifestyle.
Mogo Zoo is looking for an enthusiastic keeper to join our team at this exciting junction in our development as we expand into new species and new exhibits. The successful applicant will work on our small mixed carnivores and ungulates rounds and should have a sound knowledge on training and conditioning, a passion for enrichment as well as excellent presentation skills. The role will also include the processing and preparation of meat for carnivores. Experience working with carnivores and/or ungulates is essential. Certificate 3 in Captive Animal Management or similar qualification is desirable. The position will require you to work a roster that may include weekend work.
- Minimum of three years working within a captive facility with carnivores and/or ungulates
- Training and conditioning skills
- Development of behavioural enrichment opportunities
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to work within a small team
- Good problem solving ability
- Basic maintenance skills
- Meat processing is desirable
- Certificate 3 in Captive Animal Management or similar
Please note that you have to be a resident or have a work permit to work within Australia
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.