Great Ape Keeper - Mogo Wildlife Park
Mogo Wildlife Park is based on the South Coast of New South Wales. The park has a large collection of primates ranging from pygmy marmosets to gorillas and orangutans. We are looking for a euthanasic great apes’ keeper to join our dynamic team. Experience with great apes and training and conditioning is essential. The successful candidate should have an extensive knowledge on training and conditioning and a passion for enrichment as well as good presentation skills. The role will be working with another keeper so excellent communication would be required. As well as having an cert 3 in captive management or similar qualification would be expected. The position will require you to work weekends with days off during the week.
- Minimum of three years working within a captive facility with great apes with an understanding of the complex nature and behaviour of great apes
- A proven track record in terms of training and conditioning as well as developing and implanting training plans
- Excellent communication skills
- Cert 3 in captive animal management or similar
- Developing and implanting Enrichment calendars
- Presentation skills
- Must be willing to work weekends, weekdays and public holidays.
- Flexibility required to work outside normal hours when required;
- Must be able to stand / walk for long periods, perform repetitive tasks, able to lift up to 15kg and carry out duties in adverse weather conditions.
- Working within a small team
- Good problem-solving ability
- Ability to assist with writing up Standards of procedures for the department
- Basic maintenance skills
Please note that you have to be a permanent resident or have a work permit to work within Australia if not an Australian citizen.
Mogo Wildlife Park is an equal opportunity employer and consideration will be given to all applicants however due to a high number of submittals, only those progressing to an interview stage will be contacted.
If you meet the above criteria and experience, we like to hear from you. Please send your CV to [email protected]. Application closed by close of business on the 15th March 2023