The National Zoo and Aquarium is a privately owned, family run business that has a passion for what we do and how we do it. We aim to deliver a quality experience to our animals, other team members and of course our visitors.
The Wildlife Team is currently looking for a Leaf Cutter to join their team. This is a full time position and requires a special person who is hard working and dedicated to assisting the Zookeepers with collecting and cutting specific leaves to feed a variety of different animal species within the zoo.
The successful applicant must have:
- Horticultural experience
- A positive ‘can do’ team orientated attitude
- The ability to work a highly physical role
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage appropriately with the zoo owner, managers, and all other work colleagues
- A current open manual Driver’s Licence
- A work health and safety focus for yourself, the team and the public at all times
- A passion for wildlife, nature and flora
- Available to work on a roster that includes weekends, public holidays and school holidays
Other desirable skills/achievements include:
- Good record keeping skills
- A good knowledge of Eucalypts and Acacia species
- A thorough understanding of plantation management and eucalypt harvesting
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to;
by COB Friday 11th October 2019
Please include a minimum of 3 relevant referees.