- Napier, New Zealand
- Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Sunday as per the pre-arranged roster)
- Inclusive work culture
- One of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers
The National Aquarium of New Zealand is owned by the people of Napier and Napier City Council. It attracts 145,000 visitors each year and offers a wide range of experiences from diving displays and keeper talks, to getting up close and personal with sharks and little penguins. Its centerpiece exhibit is the stunning 1.5 million litre Oceanarium with a 50m-long viewing tunnel.
The National Aquarium is committed to education and conservation, offering an exciting variety of daily talks, diver display programs and events. Functions and corporate events are regularly hosted at the Aquarium and the on-site cafe and retail store complete the visitor experience.
We are looking for someone with a passion for marine conservation, the National Aquarium and its species to join the team as a Dive Compliance Lead. The primary function of this role is to oversee the delivery of all diving activity as well as working with the Animal Care team to deliver high quality animal husbandry, exhibit maintenance and additional animal care activities. You will need to be able to demonstrate your finely tuned skills in both diving operations and people relationship management to be successful in this role.
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
- Minimum two years' experience in occupational diving
- Minimum one year in a role with supervisory responsibilities
- Minimum one year experience in the hands-on management of a broad range of fish and other aquatic species, life support systems and water quality
- Demonstrated experience as a Dive Safety Officer and/or working knowledge of WorkSafe regulations for Occupational Diving (Tourism)
- Be organized and methodical in your approach to work.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Napier is quickly developing into the best small city in New Zealand, so be a part of it! There's never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which will include drug testing and dive medical testing.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Click Here to download Position Description and Apply