Oakvale are committed to providing inspiration and education through interaction that inspires generations. Oakvale is also committed to the development of conservation initiatives through research programs and supporting the development of threatened and endangered species breeding programs.
The right applicant must possess a professional and positive approach, the right personality to fit with our team coupled with the passion and knowledge to make improvements to the department.
The aim of this position is to bring further growth and development to the department and to assist the Curator and Management throughout the process.
• Possess sound knowledge and understanding of birds, including capture and restraint, dietary requirements, breeding, reproduction etc. relating to the species kept at Oakvale Wildlife Park.
• Exceptional knowledge and experience in positive animal training techniques, conditioning & enrichment.
• Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work well within a team and independently.
• Strong customer service skills.
• An ability to prioritize workloads and instruct staff and volunteers to reflect those priorities.
• WHS awareness and the ability to identify safety concerns in the workplace.
• Possess a good knowledge & understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Species 360.
• Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills.
• Sound time management skills.
• A flexible, positive, and professional attitude.
• Excellent husbandry skills and attention to detail.
• Proactive behaviour.
• Assist the Curator in Collection planning.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the industry in a similar role.
• A minimum of Certificate III in Captive Animals or equivalent university studies.
• Holding a Certificate IV in Captive Animals or the capacity to undertake studies will be highly regarded.
• Conduct staff management including training, performance reviews and coaching to ensure a well-functioning harmonious and productive team is maintained and fostered.
• Working with Children & National Police Check.
Please forward your cover letter and resume highlighting the necessary skills and qualifications outlined in the selection criteria to email@example.com
Applications close: 31st July 2021