About the assignment
Port Moresby Nature Park was launched 11 June, 2012 to take over the management of the site formerly known as the National Botanical Gardens, which was established in 1971 but over the years had become extremely run‐down and virtually non‐operational. Since opening, the Nature Park has been hard at work developing itself into PNG’s leading recreational attraction. This has included the development of the entire organisation through strong training and mentoring programs, implementation of the 2020 Master Plan, Business Plans and Strategic Plans.
As the organization has expanded, new facilities have been established including new animal exhibits, introduction of off‐display animal holding/breeding facilities amongst other capital works. This has increased the need for ongoing maintenance and repairs of existing infrastructure and therefore has increased the demand on the maintenance department to meet these needs. Our existing maintenance team includes staff who have not had the benefit of trade training. Many are learning the skills they need on the job which has the potential to lead to learning bad habits and may also compromise the outcome, safety and cost of the job. This role is aimed to provide direct, hands on training, support and guidance in the highest standards of the carpentry trade.
- You will train and develop department and maintenance staff in order to pass on carpentry knowledge
- You will need trade qualifications in Carpentry and Joinery, as well as a strong understanding of work health and safety practices.
- You will serve to shape the direction and maintenance of the facilities of the nature park
Living allowance: $1,645
The monthly living allowance enables you to live a modest local lifestyle. Based on the cost of living in a particular country, it covers food, your daily commute, communication and other local costs. It is not set to enable you to meet financial commitments at home, such as a mortgage or a personal loan.
- Federal Police Check must be completed during application
- First Aid Certificate is required
- Video response interview must be completed as part of this application
Applications close 11th December 2019
Click here for more information and to APPLY