Port Moresby Nature Park is a leading wildlife conservation and recreational park, located within ten kilometres of downtown Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The Park is internationally wildlife welfare accredited and recognised as an award-winning nature-based conservation facility in Australasia. The park is home to over 550+ native animals and 30 acres of tropical gardens and cultural displays. The Port Moresby Nature Park’s vision is to inspire in others the guardianship of PNG’s biodiversity while at the same time providing connective and educational experiences for the Port Moresby community.
About the role:
Reporting to the CEO this newly created position is responsible for the efficient management of the park and its daily operations. Broad responsibilities incorporate overseeing the Executive Management team responsible for growing admission numbers and visitor experiences, commercial operations, human capital, life sciences functions and Park facility management and ensuring all areas of the park deliver on annual operational plans and budgetary expectations.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in business management or a related discipline
- Post graduate qualifications are advantageous and / OR
- Extensive experience in a directly comparable role
Skills & Knowledge:
- Preference for an understanding of the zoo & / or nature oriented recreation industries, including overall park management
- Flexible multi-tasker able to control and progress several projects simultaneously, with ability to switch priorities as required without losing momentum
- Able to deliver projects through effective planning, communication, implementation and measurement
- Able to lead and support the Executive Management Team in the delivery of their working responsibilities and KPI’s
- Leadership style that is approachable, very hands on, and focused on working with the team at all levels to get the job completed
- Dedication to developing and training staff to reach their full potential
- Excellent organisational, administrative and project management skills
- Ability to identify, develop and maintain stakeholder engagement / partnerships
- 5+ years leading and managing either a Wildlife Park, Zoo, Conservation Organisation, Leisure based facility or similar
- 5+ years implementing annual work plans, managing the annual budgets
- 5+ years leading a multi-faceted operational Executive Leadership Team
- Demonstrated experience and responsibility for leading, developing and motivating large teams of staff to achieve KPIs aligned to organisational goals
- Experience in a not for profit organisation responsible for self generation of income through external funding sources and strategic partnerships is preferable
- Demonstrated experience in developing networks to source park/ organisation funding and financial support for the organisation
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to present to large groups of people.
*A detailed job description for this role is attached to job advert # 78356 on www.pngjobseek.com. Applications must be made on PNGJOBSEEK.com or emailed to email@example.com. Queries can be directed to Justine Mills of Head Hunters Recruitment on +61 73368 2523 / +675 7090 7222.
Applications should be received by Friday 28 October 2020