Are you ready to take the next step in your wildlife career? -
Are you motivated, reliable, service driven and have strong leadership skills?
Rainforestation Nature Park at the top of the Kuranda Range and in the heart of the Wet Tropics - is seeking an Experienced Wildlife Team Supervisor to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of our wildlife department. The successful applicant will be reliable, demonstrate a sound knowledge in all aspects of animal husbandry and strong interpersonal leadership skills. You will lead by example as you manage a small team working with Australian wildlife.
Must be experienced and committed, uphold a high standard of professionalism, excellent customer service skills and passion for our native fauna.
Your application must address the following:
- Relevant experience as a Captive Animal Professional with Australian wildlife with 3 years min, paid experience as a Wildlife Keeper in the Captive Animal industry
- Manual drivers licence essential/ability to gain manual drivers’ licence.
- Experience supervising and training staff/volunteers/trainee keepers/junior keepers
- Personal attributes to effectively supervise a team on a daily basis
- Excellent Presentation/show skills
- Exceptional observation and communication skills
- Ability to work over a 7-day roster
Do you desire to “get back to nature”? -
As part of the remuneration package, there is opportunity to live-onsite on 11 acres – across the road from the 100-acre Rainforestation Nature Park. Fresh clean air-living! Cheap rent! No commute to work! Access to Public transport.
The successful applicant may be eligible for the Queensland Government’s Work in Paradise initiative. For more info please visit: https://workinparadise.initiatives.qld.gov.au/
Check us out at: https://www.rainforest.com.au
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!