The award-winning Rainforestation Nature Park, Kuranda is seeking an experienced Wildlife Keeper to ensure the smooth day to day operations of our wildlife department. The successful applicant will demonstrate a sound knowledge in all aspects of animal husbandry, exhibit strong interpersonal skills, and display the ability to lead by example within a small team working with Australian wildlife.
Rainforestation is a small wildlife park with a unique and excellent collection of native Australian animals. Come and join our team to work with Tasmanian Devils, Lumholtz’s Tree-Kangaroo, Southern Cassowary, Saltwater Crocodiles and more! Our property is set on 100 acres of stunning World Heritage listed rainforest, and is a beautiful place to work and live.
The successful applicant must be committed, strive daily to maintain, and improve a high standard of professionalism, display excellent customer service skills, and have a passion for our native fauna.
Your application must address the following:
• Relevant experience as a Captive Animal Professional with Australian wildlife with a minimum 3 years paid experience as a Wildlife Keeper in the Captive Animal industry
• Captive Reptile husbandry experience is very desirable
• Manual drivers licence preferred
• Excellent Animal interpretation skills
• Local flora knowledge would be highly beneficial
• Exceptional observation and communication skills
• Ability to work over a 7-day roster
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send a cover letter and resume to
Check us out at: https://www.rainforest.com.au