Are you passionate about marine mammals? Would you like to work for a star attraction on the Sunshine Coast ensuring that our guests have a magical experience from start to finish? Then we could have the ideal role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast team as a Penguin Keeper. Please note this position is a maternity leave cover on a part time (fixed term) basis.
About the Role
The successful candidate will support the Mammals Manager, with a diverse range of tasks including maintaining the penguin exhibit, daily care and conditioning of penguins, preparing animal diets and participating in guest interactions and presentations.
This role is perfect for someone looking for an opportunity to work with penguins whilst living a great lifestyle on the Sunshine Coast.
In order to be successful in this varied role, the ideal candidate will demonstrate these essential and desirable requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience with birds.
- Proficient knowledge and application of operant conditioning training principles;
- Excellent public speaking and visitor services skills;
- Excellent observation and record keeping skills;
- The ability to swim confidently and be able to lift 20kgs; and
- Hold a valid Blue Card prior to commencement
- Bachelor degree in biology, zoology, psychology, related field or a certificate in captive animal management or similar.
- Current drivers’ licence.
- First aid or oxygen resuscitation training
- Experience with penguins will be highly regarded
Additionally, you are a strong communicator and are able to build rapport across the business. Your ability to multi-task and have a flexible and adaptable approach along with the ability to meet deadlines and have demonstrated planning, organisational and time management skills are desired.
About the Benefits
- The salary is competitive and other perks include:
- Corporate benefits including free access to all our attractions worldwide
- Birthday leave and 3 volunteer days to give back to a social cause you care about
- Autonomy to introduce disruptive thinking in your profession
- Global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career
- Being part of a business built on fun
Merlin Entertainments is the company behind iconic brands like SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, and Peppa Pig World of Play. We operate in over 130 attractions across 25 countries, delivering memorable experiences to 54 million+ visitors a year.
This is a great opportunity to kick start your career in one of the world’s best-known attraction businesses; so if you are a team player who is vibrant and passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences in a great company and a team who love what we do, we want to hear from you!
Visit Merlin Entertainments website to apply