Do you have the magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium!
About the Role
We are seeking casual shark dive instructors to join the Curatorial team at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium. Reporting to the Lead Diver, this role is primarily responsible for coordinating and conducting introductory SCUBA sessions for our customers in our 2.2 Million Litre Oceanarium.
Further responsibilities include:
- Running daily operations, deliver consistently high quality customer experiences
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant dive industry and company standards
- Delivering safety briefs, completing in-water skill sessions while ensuring the safety of guests, staff and animals
- General administration, including completion of accurate and up to date records for dive logs and customer medical declaration forms
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness and hygiene of all diving equipment and associated areas
- Manage the efficient and seamless transition of divers through the Shark Dive experience
- Assist the curatorial team where needed
The role requires ability to work regular weekends and public holidays. As this is a casual role, the roster may vary depending on operational requirements and seasonal demands.
To succeed in this role you will have experience conducting both open water courses and introductory dives, and as a minimum hold an Active Open Water Instructor status (SDI/SSI/PADI or equivalent). This, along with current First Aid, CPR & Oxygen Therapy Provider Certificates are essential to the role.
Equipment maintenance, air filling, and compressor operations are a plus but is not essential. The successful candidate will also hold/or be willing to undergo an Occupational Diver Medical AS2299.
You are a strong communicator and are able to build rapport with guests and colleagues. Your ability to multi-task and have a flexible and adaptable approach along with the ability to meet deadlines and have demonstrated planning, organisational and time management skills are desired.
About the Benefits
The salary is competitive and other perks include:
- Corporate benefits including free access to all our attractions worldwide
- Autonomy to introduce disruptive thinking in your profession
- Global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career
- Being part of a business built on fun
So, if you are vibrant and passionate about delivering an amazing service within a great company and in a team who loves what we do – then we want to hear from you!
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.