Are you passionate about conservation and creating incredible guest experiences for our multitude of visitors? Are you longing to be a member of our Penguin Husbandry team, looking after a waddle of King and a raft of Gentoo penguins?
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our dynamic Curatorial team as a Penguin Keeper in a fixed-term, full time capacity.
About the Role
Our Penguin Keepers enthusiastically participate in the husbandry and upkeep of our Sub-Antarctic Penguin and Little Penguin collections, including routine maintenance of the exhibit and back-of-house areas and preparation of daily diets and penguin feeding. We are interested to hear from potential staff who are reliable, hard-working, observant and passionate with a positive attitude.
Key responsibilities include:
- Animal Welfare Standards: Effective daily management of designated animal collections and ensuring best practice animal husbandry for the animals under the teams care. This includes acquisition, quarantine and daily care, in addition to conducting internal /external research, monitoring activities, and implementing Public talks, presentations, and guest interactions
- Guest Obsession: Responsible to delivering keeper talks, guest interaction programs and providing world leading guest experience
- Life Support Systems: Responsible for daily operation and maintenance of the LSS systems of penguin area
- Water Quality: Responsible for monitoring water quality and reporting to line manager accordingly
- Diving: Required to ensure that all dive qualifications are kept up to date and able to dive as needed for the role
- Health & Safety: Responsible to reporting and maintaining a safe workspace for guests, colleagues and staff
Science Degree: Marine Biology, Aquaculture or equivalent education, training and experience.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience in either an Aquarium, Zoo and/or Wildlife institution
- Aquarium Life Support and Water Quality experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good public speaking skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Current First Aid / CPR / Oxygen Administration
- ADAS part 1 restricted diver certificate or high level of recreational diving experience with minimum of rescue diver qualifications
You are able to lift 50 lbs. to shoulder height, can carry materials, transport boxes, buckets, and frozen fish throughout the facility. You are able to work on a roster, including working weekends and public holidays. You are able to stand, walk and work for long periods in a cold environment.
About the Benefits
The salary for this role is competitive, and other benefits include:
Corporate benefits including free access to all our attractions worldwide
Domestic and global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career in tourism and attractions
Additional Leave (including birthday and wellbeing) and 3 volunteer days to give back to a social cause you care about
Being part of a business built on fun
Merlin Entertainments is the company behind iconic brands like SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, and Peppa Pig World of Play. We operate in over 130 attractions across 25 countries, delivering memorable experiences to 54 million+ visitors a year. In Australia and New Zealand, we have 10 attractions, including SEA LIFE, Wild Life, Madame Tussauds, and the Fly Treetop Adventures, amongst others.
So, whether it’s meandering through the Great Barrier Reef, touching Cushion Sea-Stars at our rock pool or coming face-to-face with a dugong. These world class experiences are only made possible by the care, passion, dedication and commitment of our fantastic husbandry team, of which you will be an integral part of. These SEA LIFE teams are all built on the foundation of an incredible commitment to conservation and a need to share the beauty of our aquatic ambassadors with the world in an engaging and interactive way.
If you are a team player, and the thought of delivering this magic to over a million guests a year makes you smile, you are vibrant and passionate about educating guests and creating memorable experiences in a great company and team who Love What We Do, we want to hear from you!
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.