An opportunity is available for a Senior Ranger to join a family run business located at Bungalow Bay Koala Village, Magnetic Island. The position is responsible for the daily running of a small wildlife park showcasing 3 x 2 hour daily tours, Breakfast with the Koala’s and educational experiences to visiting international universities.
Bungalow Bay Koala Village is a unique venue offering diversification within the business model. Set on 7 acres the operation offers a wildlife park, YHA hostel with 37 frame A bungalows sleeping up to 130 guests plus campground and other associated facilities. The wildlife park is open to day trippers visiting magnetic island plus other guests staying on Magnetic Island, in house guests and group experiences.
The Senior Ranger will responsible for the day to day running of a team of up to three full time rangers as pre “covoid 19” and volunteers on a 7 day roster, the successful candidate will be working side by side with the team and “is not” an office bound position. Bungalow Bay’s collection of Australian Native Animals will remain in your care with the assistance of the team and Director with significant focus on Koala’s.
The successful candidate for “Senior Ranger” will naturally be a people person showcasing a willingness to always improve customer service skills and posses a minimum of 4 years of experience in the zoo industry with Koala experience considered an advantage.
A Fulltime position of 44 hours per week is offered to the Senior Ranger and a start date in the short term necessary for the position with reopening from COVOID 19.
- Management of staff. Wildlife presentations and visitor services
- Animal husbandry, management and welfare
- Demonstrated communication, teamwork and time management of zoo keepers
- Adherence and management complying with Policy and Procedures
- Management of Education Program to Visiting International Universities
Please email the following documentation for application to the position of “Senior Ranger”
- Current Resume with up to date Referees
- Microsoft word document or PDF outlining your suitability to the above criteria in Primary Responsibilities
- Start date – availability in the short term for reopening after COVOID 19
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 28th June 2020