Shoalhaven Zoo is a privately owned zoo on the South Coast of NSW and is home to a mix of exotic and native animals. We are a small and dedicated team with each individual staff member making their position their own. We believe in working with people’s strengths to create the best working environment possible, meaning that for the motivated individual that there is no limit as to what you can achieve at Shoalhaven Zoo.
The position available at the Shoalhaven Zoo is a senior keeping position working with the zoo’s entire animal collection. Full Time Position (40hrs/week). Working across a 7 day roster, including weekends and public holidays.
• Daily husbandry of animals in all sections of the zoo
• Presentations and conducting private experiences
• Basic animal diet preparation
• General exhibit maintenance (raking, mulching, hosing, minor repairs etc)
• Cert III in captive animal management or equivalent
• Minimum 2 yrs paid keeping experience
• Animal record keeping skills
• Ability to work a rotating roster
• Working with Children Check
• Manual Drivers license
• Firearms License
• First Aid Certificate
• Experience with big cats and /or venomous snakes /or giraffes
• Mature minded person
You are willing to, not only achieve general zoo keeping and animal dietary needs, but someone who enjoys job satisfaction in daily tasks that would enhance the aesthetics within the zoo’s environment.
To fit in this position a ‘can do’ attitude is a must, as well as the ability to work independently and manage your own time with realistic expectations and outcomes.
If you are confident in yourself and your abilities as a keeper, please send your cover letter outlining your suitability and your CV to:
Nicholas Schilko – [email protected]
Applications close 5.00 pm on Friday, 16th September 2022