Sydney Zoo is a large metropolitan Zoo in Western Sydney. Sydney Zoo showcases a broad range of native and exotic animals using modern technology and advanced exhibit design with a strong focus on animal welfare and conservation, educating our visitors about animals and their habitats. Environmental and social awareness also plays a vital role in our messaging, focusing on indigenous culture and human influence on the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting new zoo in the role of Visitor Experience Crew through our winter seasonal event, utilising your skills in an area that you are genuinely passionate about. The Visitor Experience Crew will be responsible for providing an outstanding experience to zoo customers including members and visitors.
The visitor experience team perform roles including car park attending, ticketing, ticket scanning, welcome host, social distance marshalling, crowd control, and general customer service throughout the zoo.
A limited number of further work opportunities may become available to some seasonal crew.
Skills, Knowledge, and Relevant Experience
- Previous experience in a tourist attraction, ticket sales, retail, or visitor experience role highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team to deliver outstanding results.
- Outgoing, confident, and friendly personality.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and initiative to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Knowledge and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Legal working rights in Australia.
- Valid and current driver’s license (desirable).
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel (desirable).
- First aid certificate (desirable).
Please ensure you are available for the following key dates before submitting your application. You must be available to attend one of the interview nights and one of the training nights. All successful candidates must also be available to attend the trial night.
- Minimum 4 nights/week from Friday 23rd July to Sunday 28th August 2021
- Interview nights Wednesday 30th June OR Thursday 1st July from 5-8pm
- Training nights Wednesday 14th July OR Thursday 15th July from 5-9pm
- Trial Night Thursday 22nd July from 4pm to 9pm
If you are shortlisted we will confirm your availability prior to commencing employment.
Please apply directly via the Sydney Zoo Website Careers Page https://sydneyzoo.com/about/careers.
We anticipate a high volume of applications so in addition to providing your resume and cover letter, you will be invited to complete an online video interview as part of your application. This link will be provided in your confirmation email. Please be sure to check your junk mail for this email as only applicants who complete the video interview will be considered.
Applications close Sunday 20th June 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all Sydney Zoo positions. If you require assistance, please be sure to contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 02 7202 2560.
Please direct any requests for further information to email@example.com.
Sydney Zoo is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.