Australiana Keeper at Sydney Zoo
Sydney Zoo is a new, large metropolitan Zoo currently under construction in Western Sydney. Sydney Zoo showcases a broad range of native and exotic animals using modern technology and advanced exhibit design with a strong focus on animal welfare and conservation, educating our visitors about animals and their habitats. Environmental and social awareness also plays a vital role in our messaging, focusing on indigenous culture and human influence on the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting new zoo in the role of Australiana Keeper, utilising your skills in an area that you are genuinely passionate about. This role will commence as soon as possible.
The Australiana Keepers are responsible for ensuring the Australiana collection is managed to the highest level of husbandry and welfare, as well as maintaining habitats at a world class standard.
Skills, Knowledge and Relevant Experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ paid experience in a zoo or relevant/equivalent industry.
• Demonstrated experience in the care of a range of different Australian species.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Driver’s licence (the ability to drive a manual vehicle – desirable)
• Demonstrated commitment to the conservation of species and ecosystems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently or positively contribute to a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team or independently.
• Proven ability in carrying out daily keeping duties to a high standard ensuring all husbandry and welfare needs are met.
• Recognised qualifications in captive animal management and/or zoology/biology or equivalent experience (desirable).
Please apply directly via the Sydney Zoo Website Careers Page https://sydneyzoo.com/about/careers
Applicants will be required to provide a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection requirements.
Applications close Midday Tuesday 14th January 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all Sydney Zoo positions. If you require assistance, please be sure to contact us by email to email@example.com or by phone to 1800 843 966.
Please direct any requests for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Zoo is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.