Sydney Zoo is a new, large metropolitan Zoo currently under construction in Western Sydney with an expected opening date set for late 2019. Sydney Zoo will showcase a broad range of native and exotic animals using modern technology and advanced exhibit design with a strong focus on animal welfare and conservation, educating our visitors about animals and their habitats. Environmental and social awareness also plays a vital role in our messaging, focusing on indigenous culture and human influence on the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting new zoo in the role of Reptile Senior Keeper utilising your skills in an area that you are genuinely passionate about. The role will commence as soon as possible.
Reporting to the Reptile Curator, the Reptile Keeper will be responsible for cleaning and maintenance of exhibits and the husbandry and welfare for the animals within your area.
Skills, Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a zoo or relevant/equivalent industry.
- Demonstrated experience in the care of reptiles and amphibians.
- Demonstrated experience in the care and handling of venomous snakes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Driver’s licence (manual licence desirable).
- Demonstrated commitment to the conservation of species and ecosystems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently or positively contribute to a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team or independently.
- Proven ability in carrying out daily keeping duties to a high standard ensuring all husbandry and welfare needs are met.
- Recognized qualifications in captive animal management and/or zoology/biology or equivalent experience (desirable).
Please apply directly via the Sydney Zoo Website Careers Page https://sydneyzoo.com/careers/.
Applicants will be required to provide a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection requirements. Applications close midday Friday 4th October 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all Sydney Zoo positions. If you require assistance, please be sure to contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 1800 843 966.
Please direct any requests for further information to email@example.com.