Sydney Zoo is a new, large metropolitan Zoo in Western Sydney. Sydney Zoo showcases a broad range of native and exotic animals using modern technology and advanced exhibit design with a strong focus on animal welfare and conservation, educating our visitors about animals and their habitats. Environmental and social awareness also plays a vital role in our messaging, focusing on indigenous culture and human influence on the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting new zoo in the full-time role of Elephants & Ungulates Keeper, utilising your skills in an area that you are genuinely passionate about. This role will commence as soon as possible.
The Elephants & Ungulates Keeper will be responsible for ensuring the Elephants & Ungulates collection is managed to the highest level of husbandry and welfare, as well as maintaining habitats at a world class standard.
Skills, Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ paid experience with Elephants & Ungulates in an animals in human care environment or equivalent profession.
- Recognised full qualifications in captive animal management and/or zoology/biology or equivalent experience such as Cert III as a minimum.
- Ability to carry out daily keeping duties to a high standard ensuring all husbandry and welfare needs are met.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and positively contribute to a team environment.
- Driver’s license and the ability to drive a manual vehicle (desirable).
Please apply directly via the Sydney Zoo Website Careers Page https://sydneyzoo.com/about/careers. Applicants will be required to provide a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection requirements. Applications close Friday 23rd October 2020.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all Sydney Zoo positions. If you require assistance, please be sure to contact us by email to email@example.com or by phone to 1800 843 966.
Please direct any requests for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sydney Zoo is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.