Are you passionate about conservation and educating guests with a focus on FUN??? Would you like to work for one of Sydney’s star attractions ensuring that our guests have a magical experience from start to finish?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our team at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo as a Trainee Zookeeper (Casual).
About the Role
All of our roles are focused on ensuring that our guests are having the most amazing experiences, and here at Merlin we have a real focus on FUN!!
Our Zookeepers connect guests with Australian wildlife through creating and maintaining engaging exhibits and delivering learning experiences through presentations, animal encounters and education programmes.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for guest experience with a focus on fun. You will also need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Experience in the husbandry of Australian fauna.
- Certificate III in Captive Animals (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Experience in preparing and delivering accurate, informative and engaging presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, cope with frequent and unpredictable changes to daily routine and workloads, and to work, at times under high pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work unsupervised, assess tasks and set priorities for self.
- Current (or willingness to obtain at own expense) NSW Working with Children Check.
- Full NSW Driver’s License.
We are MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS, Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator. Merlin operates 106 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 23 countries and across four continents. We aim to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to our 54 million visitors worldwide, through our iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of our managers and more than 26,000 employees. Why do we do it? For the love of FUN!!!!!!
In the middle of Darling Harbour an amazing animal adventure is also a fantastic place to work!
Whether you’re making the best skim flat white or introducing some of our furry and scaled friends to our guests; every role in our zoo is fun and friendly.
We are all about creating memorable experiences for our guests through animal experiences, fascinating animal facts and offering mementos of your visit. There’s also a strong conservation message threaded through our experience which is a core value for all our team. Oh, and the uniform is great too because everyone looks good in khaki!
If you love animals, feel passionate about conservation and love sharing your enthusiasm with others then we could have the job for you.
So if you are a team player who is vibrant and passionate about creating memorable experiences and educating guests in a great company and team who Love What We Do, we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 18 September 19
TO APPLY click here