Are you passionate about conservation and educating guests with a focus on FUN??? Would you like to work for one of Sydney’s star attractions ensuring that our guests have a magical experience from start to finish?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our team at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo as a Casual Keeper (Australian Fauna).
About the Role
All of our roles are focused on ensuring that our guests are having the most amazing experiences, and here at Merlin we have a real focus on FUN!!
Our keepers connect guests with Australian wildlife through creating and maintaining engaging world-class displays, delivering memorable guest experiences and ensuring best-practice animal welfare.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for guest experience with a focus on fun. You will also need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Minimum two days per week availability, including at least one weekend day.
- Must be available during upcoming school holiday period 26/06/21-18/07/21.
- Minimum one-year experience in the husbandry of Australian fauna.
- Certificate III in Captive Animals (or equivalent).
- Must be guest obsessed demonstrating a passion for guest experience, education and connecting people with Australian wildlife, sustainability and conservation.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, cope with frequent and unpredictable changes to daily routine and workloads, and to work, at times under high pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work unsupervised, assess tasks and set priorities for self.
- Current (or willingness to obtain at own expense) NSW Working with Children Check.
- Full NSW Driver’s License.
Please submit a maximum ONE-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a maximum TWO-page resume. You must be available to interview on Monday 21st of June.
About the Benefits
The hourly rate is $22.10 plus applicable loading and other benefits include:
- Corporate benefits including free access to all our attractions worldwide
- Autonomy to introduce disruptive thinking in your profession
- Global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career
- Being part of a business built on fun
Merlin Entertainments is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 130 attractions, 20 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season). Why do we do it? For the love of FUN!!!!!!
In the middle of Darling Harbour an amazing animal adventure is also a fantastic place to work! We are all about creating memorable experiences for our guests through animal experiences, fascinating animal facts and offering mementos of your visit. There’s also a strong conservation message threaded through our experience which is a core value for all our team. Oh, and the uniform is great too because everyone looks good in khaki!
If you love animals, feel passionate about conservation and love sharing your enthusiasm with others then we could have the job for you! If you are a team player who is vibrant and passionate about creating memorable experiences and educating guests in a great company and team who Love What We Do, we want to hear from you!
To apply visit https://merlin.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/8899?c=merlin