We have an amazing opportunity to join our team at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium as a part time Vet Nurse (Aquatics and Australian Wildlife).
About the Role
This role will provide a range of services to the WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium Curatorial Departments in the areas of animal health and nutrition with the aim of achieving and maintaining best practice industry standards. We have some flexibility with the days and shift length but ideally this candidate would work Sunday-Tuesday.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for guest experience with a focus on fun. You will also need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing with a minimum of 2 years full time equivalent work in a veterinary hospital setting.
- Certificate III in Captive Animals or equivalent zoo/aquarium industry experience would be beneficial.
- Understanding of water quality and life support systems would be beneficial.
- Detailed knowledge of anatomy across a variety of taxa.
- Experience in veterinary nursing practices, including surgical, anaesthesiology, medical, diagnostic and pathology laboratory procedures and maintenance of veterinary and medical supplies and equipment. Experience in critical care nursing of neonates will be highly favoured.
- Experience with the husbandry of Australian native animals.
- Current First Aid and O2 provision certification.
- Understanding of Exhibited Animals Protection Act and Regulation and associated standards.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the role of animal records and information management.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of records
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written skills and ability to train and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, cope with frequent and unpredictable changes to daily routine and workloads, and to work at times under high pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work unsupervised, assess tasks and set priorities.
Please submit a maximum TWO-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a maximum TWO-page resume. You must be available to interview on Monday 17th of May.
TO APPLY, please click here
About the Benefits
The salary starts at $55,000 (pro rata) and other benefits include:
- Corporate benefits including free access to all our attractions worldwide
- Birthday Leave and 3 Volunteer days to give back to a social cause you care about
- Autonomy to introduce disruptive thinking in your profession
- Global opportunities to develop and progress your skills and career
- Being part of a business built on FUN!
Merlin Entertainments is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 130 attractions, 20 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season). Why do we do it? For the love of FUN!!!!!!
If you love animals, feel passionate about conservation and love sharing your enthusiasm with others then we could have the job for you! If you are a team player who is vibrant and passionate about creating memorable experiences and educating guests in a great company and team who Love What We Do, we want to hear from you!