Wellington Zoo is committed to its vision of being the zoo with the biggest heart. We care about making connections between animals, people and our environment, while growing love and support for our Zoo. We punch above our weight in leading the way through connecting people with animals, saving animals in the wild and ensuring we’re a voice to be heard.
We are guided by the ethos Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. We lead the way in modelling sustainable behaviours, and it is up to us collectively to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Animal Care team as a Keeper on a permanent full time basis. The successful applicant will be responsible for the daily care of a variety of species and habitats within the Zoo. They will also need to be confident engaging with our visitors.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with a variety of species in human care in regards to their husbandry and welfare.
- National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals, Certificate in Zoo Keeping or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- The flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with excellent visitor engagement skills.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications close end of business Sunday 29th March 2020.
For more information on Wellington Zoo please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com