- Ongoing full time position, based at Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Salary range $95,966 - $119,256 + 9.5% superannuation
- Monday to Friday roster with weekend Officer in Charge shifts as required
Zoos Victoria operates three world-class zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Zoos Victoria is committed to fighting extinction, working locally and globally to deliver tangible conservation outcomes. Our vision is to be the world's leading zoo-based conservation organisation.
Werribee Open Range Zoo has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, confident and enthusiastic Life Sciences Manager (LSM) to join the Savannah team. The Savannah LSM will be responsible for the leadership of keeping staff, particularly shaping the culture, supervision, management and skill/career development, maintaining relevant assets, and ensuring a high standard of health and welfare of ungulates in the collection. The Savannah LSM is in charge of animals within the Savannah area of Werribee Open Range Zoo. Under your charge is a team of Keepers made up of staff with varying levels of experience in the husbandry of the taxa under their control, the major responsibility of the Life Science Manager is to lead and manage this team of Keepers.
The successful candidate will:
- Work within the life sciences management team and provide operational and strategic direction.
- Lead the Life Sciences Savannah team responsible for Werribee Zoo's Savannah collection animals.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisation skills and proven experience with promoting a positive team culture.
- Possess a sound knowledge of animal welfare principles, be accountable for ensuring animal's environments support their welfare needs and be committed to implementing animal training and enrichment programs.
- Lead the Savannah's Life Sciences team in developing visitor experience programs that are integrated with animal care events, and have experience maintaining display exhibit standards.
The successful candidate will work with other Life Sciences Managers, the General Manager of Life Sciences and work collaboratively with other departments to deliver the objectives of the Life Sciences department for Werribee Open Range Zoo. We are looking for an experienced manager with the skills to develop and maintain positive and participative staff relationships in a dynamic zoo environment.
Please refer to the attached position description. For further information on this role, please contact Russel Traher. E: email@example.com P: 03 9731 2641
Applications close Sunday 20th October 2019 at 5pm.
Location Werribee Open Range Zoo
Category Life Sciences
Work Type Ongoing Full Time
Position Description PD_Life Sciences Manager Savannah October 2019.pdf
To Apply, visit https://hcm618.peoplestreme.net/zoosvictoria/erec_candidate_job.asp?id=6362&src=ext