Wildlife Habitat, Port Douglas is seeking a Senior Wildlife Keeper with demonstrated paid experience working within the Captive Animal Industry. The successful applicant will demonstrate a sound knowledge in all aspects of animal husbandry, exhibit strong interpersonal skills, and display the ability to lead by example within a small team working with Australian wildlife.
Must be experienced and committed, driven to maintain and improve a high standard of professionalism, display excellent customer service skills, and show a passion for our native fauna.
Your application must address the following:
- Relevant experience as a Captive Animal Professional with Australian wildlife with a minimum of 3 - 5 years paid experience as a Wildlife Keeper in the Captive Animal industry.
- Proven experience working with estuarine crocodiles, both juvenile and >3m
- Certificate III in Captive Animal Management preferred
- Manual drivers licence essential.
- Excellent Presentation/show skills.
- Exceptional observation skills, with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to develop, grow and support team, building rapport and communication.
- Ability to work over a 7-day roster.
- Experience working with ZIMS.
- Experience ordering supplies and stock management
- Experience undertaking successful breeding programs.
- Understanding and knowledge of relevant State and Federal Legislative requirements.
Join the CaPTA Group and become part of the large family we have across our multiple businesses!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Check us out at: http://www.wildlifehabitat.com.au/