Are you ready to take the next step in your wildlife career?
Are you motivated, service driven and have strong leadership skills?
Wildlife Habitat, Port Douglas is seeking a Wildlife Team Leader to ensure the smooth day to day operations of our wildlife department. The successful applicant will demonstrate a sound knowledge in all aspects of animal husbandry, have strong interpersonal leadership skills and able to lead by example, in assisting to manage a team working with Australian wildlife.
Must be experienced and committed, driven to maintain and improve a high standard of professionalism, display excellent customer service skills, and show a passion for our native fauna.
Your application must address the following:
- Relevant experience as a Captive Animal Professional with Australian wildlife with 3 years min, paid experience as a Wildlife Keeper in the Captive Animal industry.
- Experience in a supervisory role/position
- Certificate III in Captive Animal Management
- Manual drivers licence essential.
- Experience supervising and training volunteers/trainee keepers/junior keepers.
- Personal attributes to effectively guide a team on a daily basis and enforce policies and procedures.
- Excellent Presentation/show skills.
- Exceptional observation skills, with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to develop, grow and support team, building rapport and communication.
- Ability to work over a 7-day roster.
- Proven experience working with estuarine crocodiles, both juvenile and >3m
- Experience working with ZIMS.
- Experience ordering supplies and stock management.
- Experience undertaking successful breeding programs.
- Understanding and knowledge of relevant State and Federal Legislative requirements.
The successful applicant may be eligible for the Queensland Government’s Work in Paradise initiative. For more info please visit: https://workinparadise.initiatives.qld.gov.au/
Join the CaPTA Group and become part of the large family we have across our multiple businesses!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Check us out at: https://www.capta.com.au/