Wildlife Habitat is a privately owned and operated wildlife park located at the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest in tropical Port Douglas, Far North Queensland. Wildlife Habitat is a small nature park offering the opportunity to work with a range of Wet Tropics fauna including Lumholtz’s Tree-Kangaroo, Southern Cassowary, Saltwater Crocodiles and more!
An opening exists for an experienced zookeeper with reptile experience in a casual capacity, with the opportunity to move to permanent part time for the right applicant.
The position requires proven experience in environmental and behavioural requirements of Australian fauna, a sound understanding of animal welfare, and management of visitor interactive wildlife experiences.
Primary duties for the role will include.
• Working within a close small team and exercising excellent communication skills
• Ensuring high standard of daily enclosure cleaning, maintenance and animal health checks
• Sound knowledge and delivery on diet, nutrition and enrichment of all species in the collection
• Strong presentation skills with reptiles, birds and mammals
• Exceptional animal observation and interpretation skills
• Manual drivers licence essential.
Your application must include the following:
•Certificate lll in Captive Animals or equivalent tertiary qualification
• Minimum of 1 years paid experience as a wildlife keeper in the Captive Animal Industry.
• Captive Reptile husbandry experience is very desirable with proven experience working with crocodilians an advantage.
• Computer skills with record keeping on Species 360
• Manual drivers licence and own reliable vehicle.
• Local flora knowledge would be highly beneficial.
• Ability to work over a 7-day roster including weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Check us out at: https://www.capta.com.au/