Wildlife Habitat, Port Douglas is seeking an Experienced Wildlife Keeper with demonstrated paid experience working within a commercial Captive Animal environment. The successful applicant will demonstrate a sound knowledge in all aspects of animal husbandry, exhibit strong interpersonal skills, and display the ability to lead by example within a small team working with Australian wildlife.
Must be experienced and committed, driven to maintain and improve a high standard of professionalism, display excellent customer service skills, and show a passion for our native fauna.
Your application must address the following:
• Relevant experience as a Captive Animal Professional with Australian wildlife with 3 years min, paid experience as a Wildlife Keeper in the Captive Animal industry.
• Certificate III in Captive Animal Management
• Manual drivers licence essential.
• Experience supervising and training volunteers/trainee keepers/junior keepers.
• Excellent Presentation/show skills.
• Exceptional observation skills, with the ability to problem solve.
• Ability to develop, grow and support team, building rapport and communication.
• Ability to work over a 7-day roster.
• Experience working with ZIMS.
• Experience working with estuarine crocodiles, both juvenile and >3m
• Experience ordering supplies and stock management.
• Experience undertaking successful breeding programs.
• Understanding and knowledge of relevant State and Federal Legislative requirements.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Check us out at: http://www.wildlifehabitat.com.au/
Join the CaPTA Group and become part of the large family we have across our multiple businesses!