The Zoo and Aquarium Association (ZAA) is looking for a driven Business Development Executive who wants to put their talent in marketing, sales, partnerships and/or fundraising towards making a difference for wildlife conservation and environmental sustainability.
Become part of a progressive, high-performance team with an office based on site at harbourside Taronga Zoo Sydney to bring new funding and partnership opportunities into our Wildlife Conservation Fund. We have a very inclusive environment in our team and encourage anyone who fits the criteria for this role to apply.
About the role
Full-time, two-year contract role reporting to the ZAA Communications Manager, with a dotted line to the Executive Director. Based at the ZAA Office on Cammeraigal Country at Taronga Zoo with an exclusive view of the squirrel monkeys.
The ZAA Business Development Executive will be responsible for exploring and converting new funding opportunities to support the expansion of ZAA’s efforts for threatened species conservation via the Wildlife Conservation Fund. Key accountabilities include:
- Establish and implement a Business Development Strategy based on situational analysis.
- Build a portfolio of conservation supporters by seeking out new opportunities, negotiating partnership agreements and maintaining relationships.
- Research, identify and pursue corporate, philanthropic, government and other grant opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing relationships and coordinate grant reporting as required.
- Develop a suite of assets to support the Business Development Strategy.
- Manage budgeting and reporting as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or communications highly regarded
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fundraising, marketing/sales or development role
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, build a value proposition for a target audience and personally build strong partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and prioritise work
- A strong track record of achieving targets within set timeframes and limited resources
- Willing to work within a small team, covering a full range of responsibilities and tasks
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- Experience in successful grant applications highly regarded
- Experience with creative software packages an advantage (i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud programs.)
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by 11:59pm on Sunday 2 October 2022. Please contact our team if you require any reasonable adjustments for the application process.