Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced large animal-husbandry worker to join the team.
To be part of our team you’ll need to have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude with very strong communication and teamwork skills. Must be flexible in your working hours and willing to work weekends/Public Holidays.
As a keeper you will share responsibility for all aspects of animal care, including daily cleaning and feeding regimes, upkeep of animal records and maintenance of hygiene, working to strict safety protocols and standard operation procedures. With a mission to exceed guest expectations and work towards the future, you’ll also help to create magical moments for our guests to treasure by delivering great customer service and Zoo guest experiences.
At Australia Zoo, keepers continually work towards providing improved facilities and care for their animals. They do this with enthusiasm and motivation toward their individual learning and training.
This position will be specifically working with our ‘Africa’ collection including but not limited to large hoofstock, carnivores and small primates.
A minimum of 2 years' experience working in the care of large animals in a similar role would be preferred. This does not necessarily have to have been with exotic species.
This is a very physical role and the successful applicant will need to have a high level of physical fitness.
- Minimum of 2yrs previous experience working hands-on with large animals gained in a zoo or other large animal environment.
- Good overall knowledge of large animal husbandry.
- High level of physical fitness.
- Committed, passionate and hard working.
- Manual vehicle licence.
- Sound knowledge of behavioural training techniques.
- Comfortable and confident in the use of simple light machinery.
- Experience in animal enclosure design.
- Experience in the use of ZIMS animal record keeping programme.
- Knowledge of plant identification.
- Confident in driving vehicles off-road.
Please send a cover letter and resume through to email@example.com
by COB 13th October 2019.